Thursday, January 18, 2018

Crash

You, your sister and your boyfriend had a terrible car accident last night. You phoned me, tears in your voice. No one was seriously injured. Lots of strained muscles and a trip to the ER.

In some ways, the accident was a good thing. It broke down a wall between us and your sister. Times have been hard here. Your sister wants out, away from us and she's willing to do anything.

It's heartbreaking.

Not her heart, mind you, but mine.

She will find a way out and you will help her. Maybe, after you "rescue" her, we won't see you again. Maybe you won't call the next time you're in trouble.

 The things that have been said, well, they are hard to forget. I want you to know that I know you mean well, but you are not helping her.

I cried when I saw the pictures of the car. You both could have been killed. Do either of you care at all that I have cried over you?

I don't know where stand or what the truth is. I just don't know anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment